Best AUD casino sites
Best AUD casino sites
Some of the top and most reputable online and mobile compatible casino sites are catered to Australians, as operators are well aware that Aussies are keen on punting.
Similar to a licensed sports betting websites, real money casino betting platforms allow punters to access a huge range of the most popular and entertaining games. Within an Internet casino, games such as video and interactive pokies, blackjack and roulette variants, baccarat, video poker, regular poker and other table, virtual and chance-based titles are all available to play.
This page aims to aid in your understanding of how to go about using real AUD currency to play your favourite titles via desktop, mobile or tablet, what are the best sites to register accounts with, the safety and security involved behind the scenes, and the legalities surrounding online casino gambling.
Online casino sites
Most reputable online and mobile casino sites for Australians
The following gambling websites are all licensed and registered by their jurisdiction’s official gaming authorities, and are regulated by independent eGaming auditing agencies which test the safety and fairness of games, and ensure responsible operator conduct.
- Leo Vegas Casino – The #1 mobile casino and live dealer online casino we recommend for all desktop and smartphone/tablet players. Read the full casino review here.
- Roxy Palace Casino – Launched in 2002, hosting more than one million players worldwide, and gifting some of the best special offers and bonuses for Aussies. Read the full casino review here.
- Guts Casino – One of the best real money gaming platforms for state of the art three dimensional pokies titles, produced by software designer BetSoft. Read the full casino review here.
- 32Red – A trusted and steadfast Microgaming-powered gaming site, with daily bonuses and promotions, along with real cash tournaments and competitions. Read the full casino review here.
- G’Day Casino – A top-rated online and mobile gambling site. Boasts exclusive games and features a high quality live dealer casino. Read the full casino review here.
- Thrills Casino – Voted ‘New Casino Of The Year’ in 2013 by Casino.se (Sweden’s online casino regulation portal), and prides itself on fast payouts. Read the full casino review here.
- Royal Vegas Casino – One of the most established and reputable Internet casinos, featuring 650+ titles from Microgaming, and some top notch player rewards. Read the full casino review here.
- Slots Million – Your number one destination for pokies; Slots Million has a catalogue of interactive pokies like no other site, hosting games from numerous different software providers.
- Casino-Mate – Top casino for Australian high rollers, with large betting maximums across a host of popular titles, and fantastic rewards for loyal and big spending players.
- Jackpot City Casino – Known for its huge progressive jackpot pokies games, such as Mega Moolah, The Dark Knight, Major Millions, Treasure Nile and Tunzamunni.
Each casino site boasts its own new player welcome bonus, which often include matched deposit cash bonuses an free spins on some of the best pokies games online. Be sure to provide an active email address upon sign up, so you can stay in the loop for the latest promotions, competitions, tournaments and prizes.
Registration is a two-minute process (free of charge), where you are required to provide simple sign up details such as name, username, password, email, date of birth, country of residency and preferred currency.
Casino banking methods (AUD deposits and withdrawals)
Each of the above real money sites allow for instant deposits via trusted Internet banking methods. Withdrawals can take up to 48 hours, however as technology advances, operators are now paying out within much faster times (same day payouts, in many cases). Here are some of the most commonly used deposit and withdrawal methods:
- Credit and debit cards like MasterCard, Visa, JCB, Solo and Swicth
- E-wallets such as Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, ClickandBuy and EZIPay
- Pre-paid cards and vouchers like the EntroPay Virtual VISA Card, Ukash and PaySafeCard
- Wire/bank transfers via POLi, Citadel Direct, Trustly or your own personal online banking system
Check with the casino you register with for further information about processing times. Most deposit options provide immediate access to your funds. Players will be required to verify their identities by sending in a copy of their driver’s license or a utility bill, before they can make their first withdrawal.
All financial transactions are protected with the latest Secure Socket Layer digital encryption technology, so your personal information is safe.
Popular RNG and live dealer games
The large majority of online and mobile casino games are powered by tested and approved random number generator (RNG) software – software which produces randomised results so all games remain fair and true to their odds. Here’s a list of the most commonly played gaming categories:
- Pokies (also known as slots) – progressive jackpot, 3D, graphically advanced video, interactive and classic
- Blackjack – hole card and no hole card games, titles with unique and exclusive side bets
- Roulette – American, European, French, multi-wheel and other variants
- Baccarat – low and high limit variations of baccarat and punto banco
- Video poker – classics like Aces and Faces, Joker Poker, Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and All American
- Poker – play against the dealer in games like Casino Hold’em, Cyberstud, Caribbean Stud and Pai Gow
- Keno and bingo – variations on classic keno and bingo card games, with high graphics and high payouts
- Other table games – Casino War (also known as Top Card Trumps), Red Dog, craps, sic bo, Three Card Rummy, Triple Chance Hi-Lo, Odd One In, Sharp Shooter and Six Shooter
- Hybrid, chance-based and virtual games, like Spingo, themed scratch cards, Crown and Anchor, Triple Wins, Marbles, Virtual Racebook, Virtual World Cup, Premier Racing and Premier Trotting
Live dealer games are not powered by RNG technology, and instead are operated by professionally trained human croupiers who are filmed within regulated casino studio environments, overseen by pit bosses, adjudicators and technicians. The live action is streamed in high definition to partnered online casinos, and active members can enter and partake in those games, watching and interacting with the dealers who will deal your cards, spin the roulette wheels, and pick out your lotto numbers.
Dekstop, mobile and tablet gaming
All sites boast an instant play gaming interface for desktop and laptop users – that is, the ability for Australians to play real money games directly via their Web browser and without having to install any software. Alternatively, players can choose to download the official and malware-free casino software on to their hard-drives, where the casino offers that option.
Mobile and tablet gamers – all our endorsed gambling sites own fully-fledged and high quality mobile interfaces which again, can be accessed directly via Web browsers. Graphics are not watered down, and as mobile Internet technology continues to rapidly progress, we can expect to see this platforms reach ever greater heights. Simply open any of the casino websites via our links from your smartphone or tab, and the lobby will open in your browser.
You can then create your own Web app by accessing your in-browser settings and navigating to the ‘add to home screen’ option – this will allow you to create an icon on your home screen of your chosen casino lobby or specified game, which can then be opened directly, bypassing URL web addresses and also removing the URL toolbar to create more gameplay space. The web app, unlike the traditional native app, is processed via the Internet and does not require and disc space.
Safety, licensing and Australian iGambling laws
Gaming governing bodies such as the U.K. Gambling Commission, Curaçao eGaming and the Malta Gaming Authority hand out licenses to our recommended sites, ensuring all operators conduct business in a legal and authorised manner. Other gaming bodies, such as eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance), audit the casinos to ensure they comply with online gambling industry standards concerning fair gaming, player protection and responsible operator conduct.
It is 100 per cent legal for all Australian residents to access and utilise the real money services provided by the gambling sites recommended on this page and website. The BestOnlineCasinos.com.au team has trialled real money AUD currency gameplay with each of the above platforms, and can safely say that the gaming experiences are second-to-none, offering quality, quantity and top customer service.