Best online scratch cards
Best online scratch cards
Gone are the days where you had to drive to your local newsagency or petrol station to pick up a couple of scratch-n-win cards to try and make a quick buck, now thanks to the glory of the Internet you can play instant win scratchies online. No more standing in line or getting that messy opaque covering all over your hands and clothes as you use a coin to scratch to reveal the hidden panels. Online scratch cards are convenient, clean, hassle free and can be played to win real money any time of the day or night. The best Australian scratch card games can be played at the following casino sites:
Best online casinos
Best online scratch card casinos
If you’re looking for the best place to play instant win games online, look no further than our recommended sites. Each of these reputable venues are fully licensed, secure and accept players from Australia with deposits available in AUD:
- Royal Vegas Casino : Royal Vegas has a huge range of Microgaming scratch cards available in browser-play mode or by downloading the premium casino software. Sign up for the first time and you’ll receive up to $1,200 in matched deposit bonuses.
- North Casino : North Casino has a handful of popular instant scratchies available, which you’ll find under the ‘Fun & Scratch’ game category along with a bunch of keno variants. New players registering at North Casino are welcomed in the true Aussie spirit with a huge matche deposit bonus and free spins. The North Casino bonus can be used on real money scratch cards. North Casino review.
- Guts Casino : Guts has scratchies available from NetEnt, Microgaming and Play’n Go, all located under the ‘other’ games tab. Sign up and you’ll receive a $400 welcome bonus plus 100 free spins on the Starburst pokies game plus access to Guts’ huge promotional offers.
- Kahuna Casino : Kahun Casino has a whole section dedicated to instant win scratchies, where you’ll find a bunch of Microgaming scratchies and other arcade style games. Players receive a nice bonus upon sign-up which can be used on scratchies for real money. Kahuna Casino review.
- Thrills Casino : enjoy playing at one of the most beautifully designed casinos on the Web, where you’ll also find over 15 different scratch cards to choose from by a range of game developers. There’s also a $500 welcome package up for grabs which includes 100 free spins.
How do Internet scratchies work?
When purchasing a real scratch card, a coin or sharp object is used to scratch away the top layer of the card to reveal the hidden symbols lying beneath. The aim is to reveal matching symbols that will form a win, for example the appearance of three $50 symbols will result in an instant win of $50.
Just like their real life counterparts, online scratchies work the same way, the difference being that instead of physically scratching the card you simply click with your mouse to clear the hidden panels. Given the electronic format, online scratchies use all kinds of vibrant animation, graphics and sound effects to make the play process much more engaging.
When playing online, you have the choice of either clicking each panel individually to show the hidden symbol, or simply click the ‘reveal all’ button which will instantly reveal all the hidden symbols. Be mindful that using the ‘reveal all’ button means games can be completed within seconds, which can be a sure way to burn through your bank roll, so if you want your money to last longer it’s preferable that you click to reveal the panels yourself.
Popular virtual scratch games
If you’re having trouble locating scratch games in an online casino, look for game categories like ‘other games’, ‘arcade games’ or ‘mini games’ or if you know the name of the game you’re looking for you can simply type it into the venues search filter. Some of the most popular scratch cards you’ll find at our recommended casinos include:
- 7 Gold Scratch
- Lucky Double
- Triple Wins
- Big Break
- Bubble Bonanza
- Granny Prix
- Enchanted Woods
- Crypt Crusade
- Max Damage & the Alien Attack
- Hole in One
- Scratch Ahoy
- Foamy Fortunes
- Beer Fest
- Bunny Boiler
- Freezing Fuzzballs
All of these games can be played for free in demo mode so you can give them a go before deciding if you want to place any real money wagers.
While there aren’t as many scratchie titles as there are the pokies, there are plenty of different instants to keep you entertained.
House edge and odds of instants
When playing a real life scratch card, your odds of winning are based on the amount of physical tickets that have been printed, which means the house edge varies depending on the card you’ve purchased. For example, a $1 instant win card with a jackpot of $10,000 that has 70,000 tickets printed has a one in four chance of winning a prize.
Real life scratchies come with some of the highest house edges you’ll find, similar to the lottery where the house edge is often at 30-40% (for comparison, the house edge in blackjack is around 1%). Online scratchies have much better odds because the costs of offering the games are much lower for Internet vendors, and there’s an infinite number of times the games can be played, unlike in real life where cards are limited to the print-run.
Playing online instants also gives you the power to increase or decrease your wager, unlike real cards where each card has a standard purchase price.
How to play online scratchies
In this section of our guide to real money scratch cards online we will break dow the steps it takes to join an online casino and begin playing. You will need a valid way to digitally fund your casino account, with options including the likes of Visa and bitcoin. Follow these steps to begin playing real money scratchies:
- Find a casino you are eligible to sign up that has real money scratchies.
- Complete the sign up process at the real money scratchies site
- Fund your casino account with plenty of easy deposits
- Account verification needs to be completel to withdraw any winnings
AUD scratch card site deposit options
Scratch card sites have got plenty of easy deposit options that will suit real money players, with these including both instant payment methods and high roller methods, that can take longer. Some of the most common AUD scratchies payment types include: