Best mobile casinos
Best mobile casinos
When we can’t fall asleep at night the last thing we feel like doing is booting up our PC or laptop to be entertained. That’s why mobile casinos are perfect for this time, or any time we’re bored and on the go.
Additionally, we need smartphone and tablet compatible casinos that offer variety in terms of their gaming catalogue all the while still offering a secure gaming environment.
We detail what exactly mobile casinos are, the many ways you can access them via your portable device, and list some of the best devices to access the mobile casinos with.
Best mobile casinos
About mobile casinos
Mobile casinos are compact versions of the Internet casinos we view on our desktops and PCs. They allow you to make deposits and withdrawals, sign up and log in with pre-existing details, and of course play games both in free play mode and in real money mode.
They offer players a limited version of their desktop catalogue, but many reputable mobile casinos still offer a substantial amount of titles. While there aren’t as huge an array of games we get access to when playing at desktop casinos, the best and most popular games have been created to be compatible with portable devices and software developers are generally continuing to make any new release compatible with smartphones and tablets.
Best mobile casinos
The only major drawback, besides the fact there aren’t as many games as there are on the desktop site, is there are hundreds of mobile casinos to sift through and finding a solid one can be difficult. We’ve done the dirty work for you and have found the best mobile casinos – both in high levels of security and, of course, excellent mobile casino catalogues.
- G’day Casino
- Royal Vegas Casino
- Jackpot City Casino
- 32 Red
Additionally, there are a few ways you can access any of these mobile casinos.
How to access mobile casino sites
While your device may be a lot smaller than a Macbook or an Asus laptop there are actually quite a number of ways to access the casino games available and the main way is via mobile casino sites. Some of the best mobile casino sites for Australian include:
- Mobile browsers: You can access any one of the above mobile casinos via your mobile browser including Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and more. This is the standard way of accessing the mobile sites, but you can make it easier by opting for one of the following two methods.
- Native apps: It’s illegal for software developers to create apps that market real money gaming; however, there are loopholes. Two casinos, Royal Vegas and Jackpot City Casino, have found them. Royal Vegas has their own native app which runs via your device’s operating system called Regal Vegas, while Jackpot City Casino has a real money app only available for Windows users. You can download these by visiting the sites via your mobile browser. These sit on your home screen and you can access them quickly and conveniently.
- Add to home screen web apps: Players can create their own app, though it runs via your browser, by adding the mobile site to your home screen, similar to adding a bookmark to your desktop browser. Via your device’s settings you can add the mobile site, or the mobile game, to your home screen and an icon nestles amongst your other apps so you can quickly and conveniently access the game or site.
Mobile casino apps or instant browser-play?
While we list the pros and cons of using each method, it ultimately comes down to what you prefer yourself. Accessing casino sites through your mobile casino is a good option if you don’t want icons and apps crowding your home screen or you don’t really have enough storage for native apps (web apps don’t take up as much storage as native apps do).
There aren’t many native apps to choose from and you only really have two options if you have a Windows device (Jackpot City Casino’s native app is Windows specific), and one for every other device with Regal Vegas downloadable from Royal Vegas’s mobile site (you can access it by following our links). But Royal Vegas and Jackpot City have an extensive mobile Microgaming catalogue and having the app takes away the need of constantly typing in the URL.
One drawback of Microgaming mobile casino games is that they are required to be played in landscape mode, which may put you off. But it just means more screen space for playing, so it shouldn’t be too much of a drawback.
Web apps are quite similar to native apps in terms of what they offer and you don’t have to type in the URL so you can conveniently access it from your home screen. If the mobile casino hasn’t created one for you to download from their site you do have to do it yourself, but it’s quite easy and doesn’t take long to do at all (simply tap on the ‘add to home screen’ in your mobile browser’s menu panel).
Here is our a best advice on who should access the mobile sites and how.
- Access casinos via your mobile browser if you don’t want any icons or apps on your home screen of the casinos or games
- Opt for Royal Vegas or Jackpot City Casino’s native app if you enjoy Microgaming games
- Create a web app if you prefer any other of our recommended mobile casinos and want easy access
Popular mobile casino games
There are quite a few casino games by an array of different software providers but we have found some of the best, in our opinion, by Micorgaming and NetEnt, two of the leading software developers in the iGaming industry, at our recommended mobile casinos.
- Starburst at G’day mobile casino: Starburst, by Net Entertainment, is very popular with our recommended online casinos. There are only 10 paylines but there’s a huge jackpot of 50,000 coins on offer to make it a worthwhile mobile slot. Simply tap in your bet amount and then tap on the two arrows which are pointing in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction to play.
- Classic Blackjack Gold at Regal Vegas: Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games and this title from Microgaming is a high quality variant. Blackjack pays 3:2 and you simply just tap on the table to place your bets and then on ‘deal’ to get playing.
- NRVNA Thrills: This slot is exclusive to Thrills, by NetEnt, and has been made compatible with mobile devices. It is a bright neon slot with 30 paylines and up to 30 free spins available. Tap the plus sign to choose the autoplay function or the bunny for the quick spin feature.
- Game of Thrones 243 ways at Jackpot City Casino: Game of Thrones has a very big fan base and you’ll enjoy this 243 ways to win slot by Microgaming, if you enjoy GOT. The soundtrack is the same as the 10 hour opening of the show, but the slot offers an array of bonuses with free spins and multipliers to ease your anticipation.
- Mega Moolah at 32 Red: Becoming a millionaire on your smartphone or tablet has become possible with Microgaming’s popular progressive, Mega Moolah, as it is available on portable devices. You have to play in real money mode but play the maximum spin of $6.25 and you could be pocketing millions.
Best devices to access mobile casinos
While older devices can work for Australian online casinos it is best to have a newer device for optimum game play. The games run on HTML5 flash and work best with these devices. We have included some, but not all, that work and are the most popular.
If your device isn’t listed simply follow our links to one of the above mobile casinos to test out whether or not it works on your smartphone or tablet. Many of the top legal gambling apps in Australia are web-based apps and do not require a download, while other casino apps are powered by Android and iOS operating systems.
- IOS devices such as Apple iPhone, iPad, and even iPod
- Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Sony and more
- Windows devices such as Microsoft Surface and Nokia Lumia