We have compiled a list of the highest quality, real money casino apps for Australians – all available to access legally and boasting hundreds classics, including immersive pokies, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker and more.
While it is more common to see some real cash gambling applications in the Google Play, due to its open source nature, there is in fact a current ban on all real money gaming apps within the Australian Android and iOS markets.
However, all our endorsed online casino sites own fully fledged mobile browser interfaces, which are legally accessible to all Australians 18 years and older, and which are identical to native app versions of the casino, anyway. Additionally, players can create their own Web applications (apps rendered via the Internet) for ease of access to casino lobbies and/or their favourite titles.
Best gambling apps for Australian players and their AUD currency
Access any of the following gaming platforms directly from your mobile or tablet device and you will be taken to the official mobile casino interface, where you can register an account (free of charge) with just a few simple sign up details such as: full name, username, password, date of birth, email address, country of residency and preferred currency.
- www.SlotsMillion.com – your one stop shop for the largest collection of interactive pokies games
- www.GdayCasino.com – specifically designed for Australian gamblers
- www.7SultansCasino.com – hundreds of casino favourites powered by gaming giant Microgaming
- www.BGO.com – a collection of some exclusive bingo, keno and other unique titles
- www.Thrills.com – a diverse range of titles from the best gaming software providers in the business
- www.RoyalVegasCasino.com – one of the most respected and established operators in the industry
- www.Guts.com – one of the slickest and cleanest mobile/tablet designs we have come across
Once fully registered, you will have the option to fund your account with some cash via one of the several AUD friendly mobile and tablet deposit methods, which include (but are not limited to): Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards; e-wallets like Neteller and Skrill; pre-paid vouchers and cards such as Ukash and PaySafeCard; direct wire transfers from your bank account.
We recommend signing up with at least a few different operators in order to make the most of the welcome packages for new players – matched deposit cash bonuses, free spins and other top promotions. Browse around the lobby, check out the huge catalogue of real money games (most can be trialled within practice mode, too), and take a look at the current promos on offer.
Make a casino Web app
As opposed to a native app (like SnapChat, Tinder, Instagram, Candy Crush, etcetera), Web apps are quality mediums for any mobile or tablet user who likes the idea of not having to install dedicated software onto their device.
A Web application looks near identical to a native app, and can perform the same tasks as a native app, but it differs in design and format. Data and content is rendered via the Internet each time you open the application – just like watching a mobile or tablet YouTube video, the download does not remain on your device, but is processed via a strong data-connection.
With rapid advances in mobile Internet technology, the data and content which can be processed through Web apps is rich, graphically advanced and perfect for high quality and premium pokies, video poker, roulette, blackjack and other titles (many of which can be accessed within live dealer mode – live feeds of professionally trained croupiers dealing you your cards and spinning roulette wheels).
Another aspect which differs from traditional native apps is how the Web app is formatted – it utilises browser supported technology such as HTML5, Flash, Java and Silverlight programming, and is not designed for any one specific operating system. This means all of the latest devices with access to the Internet can access the same version of the app (known as cross platform compatibility), and updates are carried out automatically if and when the official Internet site is updated.
How to create your Web app – Creating your own browser based application couldn’t be much easier. Follow these simple steps and you will be able to access your real money games directly from your home screens, bypassing having to type in any URLs as well as being granted more gaming screen space (with the URL toolbar removed, in most cases).
1. Open any casino site directly from your mobile or tablet Web browser.
2. Access your in-browser settings and navigate to ‘add to home screen’ (iOS, Android and other devices menu settings differ ever so slightly).
3. Plug in the name for your newly created Web app (for example: Royal Vegas Casino Lobby).
4. Hit ‘add’ and your Web app will be created on your home screen. It can now be accessed, just like a regular application, with ease, and you are taken directly to the lobby. You may also be able to create the Web app specifically for certain titles, depending on what phone or tablet your own. Just enter the game through your Web browser, and then follow the above steps to a tee.
The future looks very bright for Web applications and the mobile Internet, so we can expect to see a gradual shift take place (if it hasn’t already started) from the popularity of native apps to the wide use to browser-based applications – apps which will continue to become more and more stable, and more and more rich in quality.
Top mobile devices for casino applications
Without listing the entire range of smartphones and tablets, we can safely say that all the latest brands and their products are compatible with the above recommended real money gaming sites. If you own any of the following devices, you are good to go:
- Apple (iOS) devices
- Android operating system phones and tabs (Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson, HTC and others)
- BlackBerry products
- Windows mobiles and tablets
- Other products using operating systems such as Symbian (for older Nokia devices), and older data-enabled devices using WAP technology
Remember: Accessing and utilising the gaming services from the above operators is completely legal and safe. Each site is licensed by their gaming jurisdiction’s official governing body, such as the U.K. Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. They are also regulated by independent testing agencies such as the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance body (eCOGRA), which are concerned with player and gaming fairness, and responsible operator conduct.